Monday, January 16, 2012

Romancer of the textile world

There's something absolutely perfect about waking up, making a cup of tea and opening your window to everything covered in snow. Here is a peak into one of my biggest white loves: my lace collection (or part of it anyway).

Lace is a nice little combo of craftsmanship, talent and little bit of period romance. It covers a lot but reveals a lot more. Maybe my favorite textile out there...and when I come across hand made lace I can't help but feel my fingers cramp up a little.




Metal Lace

Left: Hand crocheted lace
Doily cut and stitched folded, seed beads stitched on to accent. AKA boredom at its finest
Sweater collar from the 50s...my first flea market purchase! 

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day off! I for one will be recovering from 3am sledding with my cup-o-tea.

-E

No comments: