Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home-made Tortilla Chips

When I was little my mom was my superman in the kitchen. It seemed like she knew how to make everything, and for some reason when she informed me we could make our own tortilla chips my mind was blown. Why something so simple was so revolutionary to me is a mystery, but I can still remember how impressed I was. I mean, would her knowledge ever end?! The other day I was trying to clean out my "pantry", and once again my mom came to rescue!

Here's the hilariously easy steps to making your own chips:

1. Cut Stack of CORN tortillas into triangles

2. Heat up pan of Vegetable Oil and place tester chip in, you want it HOT so it bubbles instantly


3. Remove when golden brow, lay on paper towel to soak up excess oil, and salt. 
                                                                         

-E

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doll....The knowledge will never end....;)

Marisa said...

MY BOYFRIEND AND I HAVE DONE THIS! :D
It's so awesome!!

nitaalir said...

ahh that looks great! i got hunger haha
xx

http://nitalir.blogspot.com/

Anna "Niusiya" Niusity said...

great recipe! thx for sharring!