Saturday, April 14, 2012

My College Kitchen: Asparagus, pork, rice, and carrots

I saw a deal on asparagus at the grocery store and flew at it. I'm always adding frozen veggies to my dinners so when I see affordable fresh vegetables I buy them right away!

Veggies: Chop up some carrots and asparagus spears and drizzle some olive oil on them. Mix with salt and pepper, toss in a pan and leave in oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
Rice: If you don't know the rule of thumb of rice its simple. One cup of water, 1/2 cup of rice. Bring water to a boil, turn heat down and add rice. Cook for about 20 minutes with lid on. I add frozen peas and corn to steaming rice once its cooked and close the lid.
Pork: Saute some onion in a pan, once it is clear season each side of pork with a dash of Tuscan Seasoning by McCormick [OR just salt and pepper OR fav meat seasoning]. Cook with onions in butter or olive oil.

Dinner is served! Hope everyones Saturdays are going swimmingly!

-E


No comments: