Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tea Party Dress

Hey guys! Here is a little before and after of a dress I worked on. I really did like it before, but the sleeves were a little too much fabric and made the dress rise up every time I moved my arms. Sorry the picture isn't the best quality, but i guess that's what happens when you're alone in your room taking timed pictures of yourself! 
Before:


After:



 Something as simple as removing sleeves can completely transform an article of clothing. I also cut down into the back. I thought it would be a nice balance to the high neckline in the front! I did this while away from school so consequently machine-less. I'm slightly proud of my hand stitched creation! Doesn't Chelsea [the oh so lovely model] look ready for a tea party? Check out her necklace here.

-E

1 comment:

Teddi said...

it looks perfect for spring/summer! :)